These days my mind is in webservices mode so i will show how to create your own webservices in JDeveloper.
Creating your own webservies is a 3 step process as follows Note: You can also create webservices from Java class directly
- Create a XML Schema (XML schema define the structure of the webserivces)
- Create WSDL Document (Define the operations of Webservices)
- Generate Webservice from WSDL and implement code (the logic behind) and of course Test and deploy the Webservice (Output)
Use case example
- We will have a webservice which takes a input of credit card number and return the status of creadit card VALID or INVALID from the database table column "creditcard_status"
- Following script to create sample table with data which we will use in this example (you can run the script.sql available in the project file)
create table CreditStatus (creditCard_number Number, creditCard_status varchar2(15 char)); insert into creditstatus values(1234,'VALID'); insert into creditstatus values(9999,'INVALID'); insert into creditstatus values(1111,'VALID'); commit;
- Create an application with Generic Template as shown in the slide
- Create a project inside named validateCreditCard
- Right click choose New on the Project, Go to page All Technologies > XML > XML Schema and Press OK
- Enter the Schema name as shown in the slide Make sure to extend the path by \public_html\WEB-INF\xsd
- According to our scenario we need to define what will come as Input and what would be the output, so we will create a request parameter and response as CreditCardReques and CreditCardResponse.
- Rename the first element to "CreditCardRequest", drag a sequence element from the component pallete to the CreditCardRequest element, drag a "element" component to the sequence component as shown in the slide, change the name to "ccNumber" and type to xsd:integer
- This will act as our Input request parameter
- Now do the same for output as well, drag the element component to the top schema element, drag a sequence, drag a element on sequence and renamed to "ccStatus" and type as "xsd:string"
- Your schema would look like this
This is end of part 1
Next Step: We will create a WSDL document, define the operation that webservice will perform and bind our XML schema with that WSDL.